Unsorted Collection about Tips & Troubleshooting
My „sanity“ checks to keep everything working:
- a simple project in Xcode (no code just a single view) compiled and deployed to a device tells me that certificates / provisioning profiles and code signing is/are ok.
- next check are certificates in key chain:
Xcode selects always the right ones but Delphi doesn’t.
check and remove invalid / outdated certificates
check that any certificate is unique
(not in „Login“ AND „System“ of key chain listed for example)
- always use „v“ verbose output in PAServer terminal window
- This error is really haunting me.
- In most cases the app is installed on your device and you can run it but without debugging
- this error may hide a problem with codesigning
paclient exit code 1
- check if last line in terminal window before the error is about „codesign“
- just copy that line, paste and execute it in a new terminal window
- the result maybe sth like this
ambiguous matches in iphone developer between System.keychain and login.keychain
- Current working system is OS X 10.11.5 El Captain / Xcode 7.3.1 / iOS 9.3.2
- PAServer-17.0 with hotfix and PAServer-18.0
- XE2, XE7, XE8, 10.0, 10.1 on Windows 7 / 10 using VMware Fusion
- only 10.0 and higher allow cross-platform development on this system
other versions are VCL development only