This is a nasty one and IMHO Embarcadero did a really bad job here !
- switch PAServer-17.0 in terminal window with „v“ to verbose output
- check last line in terminal window
- if it looks similar to this
„/usr/bin/codesign“ –deep -s „iPhone Developer: Michael Jung (…)“ -f „/Users/jung/PAServer/scratch-dir/jung-MyMac/TestiOS.app“
- copy and paste this line in a new terminal window
- hit enter and check the message you get
- the error message will be about „ambiguous certificates …“
- check you keychain accordingly
Why not just catch and show the result of the codesign utility ?